Tuesday 11 August 2009

OPI Mother Road Rose

Here it is! Polish #4, OPI Mother Road Rose... Even though it's a darker (and more "winter") color, I decided to try it on yesterday. Much to my surprise, it really wasn't all I thought it would be. But first, here's what I used on my nails!



As you can see, I used my usual China Glaze base coat and my cheap Sally Hanson top coat. Here's the end result! (I apologize for the shoddy painting job, but it's my right hand and someone else did it for me...



This color is fairly close to the actual color. I took this one indoors, and I found that the polish appeared to be two very different shades depending if I was indoors or outdoors. It's not a duochrome, and the change in color happened even though it wasn't very sunny outside. It looks browner indoors and more pink outdoors.

Also, even though I would categorize this polish as a creme, in the bottle there was a bit of shimmer. It's really apparent in the sun, but not so much in this picture...

Either way, this polish took two coats (which normally is fine but by my standards, too much) and smeared horribly. Even with the top coat, this one just would not dry... Still, I'd give this polish a 3.5/5, because it's a nice color, and if I had painted my left hand instead it would have probably turned out better...

That's it for this polish, but I have an update on NYC Foil 'er Up, which is still on my left hand. There is practically zero tip wear, and I'm liking the color more and more! Check back for more updates!

NEXT POLISH: Wet 'n' Wild Red Red

No comments:

Post a Comment